Ingredients – 30 bite-sized portions
2 cups Sushi Rice
3 cups of water
3 tbsp of Sanchi Brown Rice Vinegar
5 sheets Sanchi Sushi Nori
2 tablespoons Mirin
Sanchi Pickled Ginger, finely chopped strips
Any of several fillings including: carrot, cucumber, avocado, green/red pepper, asparagus, lettuce, small sticks of hard cheese, small cubes of fried tofu, scrambled egg or finely chopped Sanchi umeboshi
- Wash and drain the rice. Add 1 ½ cups of water for each cup of rice and soak for 30 minutes.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with the miring and brown rice vinegar and leave to cool for 20 mins.
To Roll the Sushi:
- Place the sushi nori on a bamboo mat at the edge nearest to you and spread the rice evenly over 2/3 of the nori with the uncovered part facing away from you.
- Add your fillings on top of the rice, slightly off centre.
- Roll the bamboo mat slowly, start by tucking in the end of the sushi nori nearest to you. As you roll further, press lightly with both hands.
- Just before you reach the end, dab water along the open end and then press to seal the roll.
- Carefully remove the roll from the mat and cut into approx. 6 pieces, using a lightly moistened sharp knife.
- Repeat the above steps with the remaining 4 sheets of sushi nori.