Ingredients – serves 2
Juice of half a lime
2 slices of wholemeal toast
Pinch of Urfa Chilli Flakes/Black Pepper
2 tbsp Miso Butter
Pinch of Nori Salt
For Miso Butter:
2 tbsp room temperature butter
2 tbsp Shiro Miso
For Nori Salt:
1 sheet of Nori Seaweed
1 tbsp coarse rock or sea salt
Soften the butter with a fork and stir in the Miso until well blended
- Hold the sheet of Nori seaweed over a very low gas flame – don’t get to close otherwise it will burn the Nori; until you see the colour change slightly.
- Chop the toasted seaweed roughly on a board and then grind in a spice mill with salt or using a pestle and mortar.
- Peel, de-stone and chop up the avocado before mashing it in a bowl with the lime juice.
- Toast the bread and spread with a generous layer of Miso butter.
- Top with the mashed avocado and sprinkle with Urfa chilli or black pepper and a good pinch of Nori salt.